What is a Pay it Forward Gift Voucher?
It is a voucher, jointly desgined between Theresa (the founder of the idea and desginer of this website) and the owner of the Black Cat Cafe on Mill Road, Cambridge. It allows a person in need to buy something from your business without having money.
The voucher cannot be exchanged for money.or alcohol.
They come in books of 20 (unless you request otherwise) and stapled together unless requested otherwise
They are designed to be trackable - each have a bespoke code on them - A spreadsheet is available with a list of the codes for you to transfer
I own a grocers shop and would like to join
No problem. I am looking for any business that offers any or all of the following
non alcoholic drinks
groceries (bread, tinned food)
How much does it cost to have the vouchers and to join the project?
Nothing at all.
The team behind Street Aid (part of Cambridge City Council) are kindly paying for the printing of the vouchers. The business keeps the money from the sale of the vouchers. It’s a win win.
One thing I would ask is if a voucher is not spent in its entirety then please consider putting the change in a tin to give to Streetaid/Wintercomfort/Cyrenians. After all, the customer paid for 100% of the voucher to help that person in need.
So how does the system work?
Depends how the voucher was brought
1. If you give me your bank details then I can sell them online vi the shop. We would keep in touch either via messenger, email or textso I can tell you when a voucher has been sold and the voucher code and which organisation I have given the voucher to.
The voucher comes in 3 parts:
Your receipt (blue arrow)
The customer's receipt (red arrow - if required)
The person in needs voucher (yellow arrow)
Take it or leave it!
1. Customer buys a voucher and you record the sale.
2. They choose to take it away with them and pass it on.
3. The person in needs comes in, shows you the voucher in exchange for food/drink to the value of the voucher. - you put a line through the front of the voucher to void it and record the redemption then return the voucher to them as there is support information for them on the back.
1. Customer buys one.
2. Chooses to leave it with you.
3. You contact me to arrange collection
How are vouchers redeemed?
When a voucher is brought in:
they will show you the voucher
you put a line through it to void it (so they can't reuse)
put a tick on the envelope to show it's come back
then return to them as it has important information on the back.
I’m interested, how do I order a book of 20 vouchers?
Please either fill in the form below or you can order the vouchers by emailing me.
1. Your business name
2. Your business address
3. What are you selling - food or drink or both (ie have a waffle on me)
4. The voucher value (ideally between £2.50 and £5)
Which businesses are already taking part?
Click here to find out
What happens next?
I'll order them
In the meantime If you would like to promote the vouchers from your shop/cafe window then I can vive you an A5 or A4 poster to display.
I am also happy to sell them on your behalf via my catalogue. Please click here fore more information about this