What is a Pay it Forward Gift Voucher?
- It is a voucher, jointly designed between Theresa (the founder of the idea and designer of this website) and the owner of the Black Cat Cafe on Mill Road, Cambridge. It allows a person in need to buy something (usually food and/or non-alcoholic drink) from your business without having money.
- The voucher cannot be exchanged for money.or alcohol.
- Sell them from your shop
- Sell them online via this website (would require you to give me your bank details so I can make bank transfers)
- They come in books of 20 (unless you request otherwise) and stapled together unless requested otherwise
- They are trackable and you will be given log on details to track them (designed to be quick, easy and user friendly)
I own a grocers shop and would like to join
No problem. I am looking for any shops that offer any or all of the following:
- non alcoholic drinks
- groceries (bread, tinned food)
Please either use the contact form below or email me on email@example.com or via social media
How much does it cost to have the vouchers and to join the project?
Nothing at all. The team behind Street Aid (part of Cambridge City Council) are kindly paying for the printing of the vouchers. The business keeps the money from the sale of the vouchers. It’s a win win.
One thing I would ask is if a voucher is not spent in its entirety then please consider putting the change in a tin to give to back to a supporting organisation. After all, the customer paid for 100% of the voucher to help that person in need.
Will I get support after receiving the vouchers
Yes, I will post about our partnership on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
You will be given access to a web system which tracks the vouchers and asked to record the sales and redemptions of each voucher- only you and I have access to your login.
a double sided decal to place in your window to promote the vouchers
Selling them via this website:
1. I will need your bank details please.
We would keep in touch either via messenger, email or text so I can tell you when a voucher has been sold and the voucher code and which organisation I have given the voucher to.
The voucher comes in 3 parts:
- Your receipt (blue arrow)
- The customer’s receipt (red arrow – if required)
- The person in needs voucher (yellow arrow)
Take it or leave it!
1. Customer buys a voucher and you record the sale.
2. They choose to take it away with them and pass it on.
3. The person in needs comes in, shows you the voucher in exchange for food/drink to the value of the voucher. – you put a line through the front of the voucher to void it and record the redemption then return the voucher to them as there is support information for them on the back.
How are vouchers redeemed?
When a voucher is brought in:
- they will show you the voucher
- you put a line through it to void it (so they can’t reuse)
- then return to them as it has important information on the back.
I’m interested, how do I order a book of 20 vouchers?
Please either fill in the form below or you can order the vouchers by emailing me.
1. Your business name
2. Your business address
3. What are you selling – food or drink or both (ie have a waffle on me)
4. The voucher value (ideally between £2.50 and £5)
Which businesses are already taking part?
Click here to find out